- To raise the profile of practice research in Scotland.
- To foster cross-disciplinary work, encompassing different areas of expertise.
- To generate knowledge exchange by creating a space for collaborations to develop.
- To showcase the work of PhD researchers, highlighting the diversity of current practice in the field.
- To provide an on-line platform to share practice research in Scotland.
- To build local, as well as national networks to strengthen collaborative work in specific geographical locations.
- To form cohorts for funding bids to SGSAH, partner organisations and Arts institutions.
- To support practice research by providing spaces, resources and time to explore potential funding models.
- To develop research skills by identifying training needs and method-specific requirements.
- To explore opportunities for future careers based on practice research.
- To create a legacy resource in the field of practice research to illustrate best practice.
- To widen opportunities by exploring partnerships with Arts organisations and institutions across Scotland, to further support and grow this sector.